sábado, 24 de marzo de 2012

Telling tales: The Farmer and his Sons

There was once an old, dying farmer. Before he died he wanted to teach his three sons how to be good farmers. So he called them to him and said, 'My boys, before I die I want you to know that there is a great treasure buried in the vineyard. Promise me that you will look for it when I am dead.'

The sons promised and they began looking for the treasure. They worked very hard in the hot sun. In their minds they pictured boxes of gold coins, diamond necklaces and other such things. But they found not a single penny. They were very upset. But then the grapes started to appear on the vines and their grapes were the biggest and best in the neighbourhood, and they sold them for a lot of money.

Now they understood and they lived happily and wealthily ever after.

The moral of this story is: 'Hard work brings...'

Level: Intermediate
Book: New Headway (English Course)
Year: 1996

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario